With interest rates at historic lows, a lot of our clients are looking at opportunities in the property market. Here are some handy hints we recommend you keep in mind when purchasing:-
1. Ensure you have done your homework which includes checking with Council regarding any proposed developments or building works nearby. Sometimes there is a back story to a property that will change how you feel about it.
2. Attend auctions to understand the process if the property is to be auctioned. You can expect that other people bidding at auctions will know the game, and so you need to know what the rules are, and how things are likely to play out.
3. Ensure you have finance approval. This also helps you to know your financial limits, so that you are clearer on what you can and cannot afford.
4. Have your solicitor or conveyancer review the contract prior to auction to check the title and certificates attached to the contract.
5. If attending an auction, bid with your head not your heart and if necessary take someone with you that will remind you of this half way through the auction so your emotions do not override your budget.