We provide full public notary services for clients who need official documents certified for use outside of Australia.
Michael Smith, who is one of our senior lawyers, is a registered Notary Public (also known as a Public Notary). He can assist clients with the certification, execution and authentication of documents to be used in other countries in a simple, cost effective way.
The situations where our notarial service can assist clients include:
- Verification of the valid execution of documents for use overseas;
- Preparation and witnessing the execution of Powers of Attorney or Wills for use overseas;
- Certifying the accuracy of Australian public documents;
- Certifying the identity of persons;
- Administering oaths, affidavits and declarations.
When you meet with us for notarial services, this is what you can expect:
- You will be asked to confirm your identity, using your identification documents;
- You will then tell us about your situation, and what help you need;
- We will then provide that help, for example, by reviewing and executing the relevant document or confirming the authenticity of a document;
- We will then complete and sign a “notarial act” which is basically a document confirming the actions taken in the point above. This notarial act will then be attached to the relevant document, signed and sealed by the Notary Public with a special Notary Stamp.
After you have had your documents notarized by us, you may also need to have the documents authenticated. We can explain what this involves when we meet with you, but there is some more information about this further down this page if you want to read more about it now.
Please call Michael on (02) 9411 4466 or email him at email@example.com to discuss the steps involved, and the likely cost, of helping you with all of your notarial needs.
Want to know more? Here is a quick Q&A that might be of help: